CPD Certification online sepsis awareness course programme, e-learning course for NHS Doctors, Locums, Nurses, GP’s, dentists, social care, domiciliary carers.
Our online Sepsis management course programme has been developed in line with the latest UK legislation and can be completed at a time that is convenient to you.
This e-learning course is an ideal learning platform for healthcare, social care & dental surgery managers, NHS doctors, nurses, dentists, domiciliary carers, or anyone who would like to gain certification in Sepsis management.
What is covered in this level 3 course?
- What is sepsis?
- Sepsis, septicaemia and blood poisoning
- Who is at risk & how to spot sepsis
- Symptoms in children under five
- Symptoms in older children and adults
- Vital signs (clinical observations) & shock
- When to get medical help
- Causes of sepsis, sources of infection, how does the infection spread?
- People at risk of Sepsis
- Diagnosis, treatment & initial management of sepsis
- Tests to diagnose sepsis & emergency treatment
- Antibiotics & types of antibiotics
- Viral infections
- Intravenous fluids & Oxygen therapy
- Treating the source of infection
- Increasing blood pressure
- Other treatments for sepsis
- Recovering from sepsis.
At the end of this online Sepsis management training course for you will be required to complete an online training assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the e-learning assessment you will be able to download a FREE CPD Sepsis management training certificate that can be used to provide evidence of compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence and is recognised internationally.
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.