Online cpr, basic life support training for doctors, nurses, dentists, locums, gp’s, cpd certified healthcare providers, professionals course.
This online cpr training for the healthcare professional course holds a level 2 certification and is also CPD Certified offering 2 Hours of CPD credits and is an ideal learning platform for doctors, dentists, locums, nurses, GP’s.
Our course was developed for the health care professional to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults, including choking (basic life support training algorithms).
This course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
What is covered in this level 2 course?
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger, Responsiveness & shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s and rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR & knowing when to stop
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
At the end of this e-learning bls training course for the healthcare provider you will be required to complete an online basic life support assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the assessment you will be able to download a free online BLS training for healthcare cpd certificate that can be used to provide evidence of compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence and is recognised internationally.
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.