CPD Certification online infection control programme, e-learning training course for care home staff, domiciliary carers and social care providers.
This online infection control course is available with free infection control for health & social care training certification, which can be downloaded and printed on successful completion of the course.
Our course is an ideal training solution for domiciliary carers, all care home staff and social care providers as the aims of this course is to provide the learner with an understanding of how to heighten awareness regarding the cross contamination procedures within the workplace.
This course also helps to promote and improve the awareness of the universal procedures required to prevent and minimise the spread of infections within the health & social care environment.
What is covered in this level 2, e-learning infection prevention course?
- An introduction to infection prevention and why this is important within the workplace
- Health care associated infections (HAI’s) and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions and prevention
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste, safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments, effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps, management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ of hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques, appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of the health care workers can be a risk to others
This infection control training for social care workers will help you understand how you can prevent the spread of infections within your care home.
This online training course for the control of infections is suitable for residential care & nursing home staff, social care providers, including domiciliary carers.
At the end of this course there is an online assessment, with a pass mark of 80% and on successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print a quality assured CPD certificate.
All online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.