CPD Certification online infection control training programme, e-learning course for NHS Doctors, Locums, Nurses, GP’s, Paramedics and all health care professionals.
This online infection control training answers many questions regarding workplace infection control & prevention and is an ideal online training solution for NHS nurses, doctors, locums, paramedics, GP’s, or any medical professional who is required to hold up to date cross contamination & infection control training course certificate.
Our course presentations are clear and concise and this online infection control course for the healthcare & social care sectors was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meets the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
What is covered in this level 2, e-learning infection control course?
- An introduction to prevention and control
- Why this is important within the workplace
- Health care associated infections (HAI’s) and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions and prevention
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste
- Safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments
- Effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps, management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ of hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques, appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of the health care workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional resources regarding e-learning.
At the end of this e-learning cross contamination course for health & social care provider you will be required to complete an online assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of the assessment you will be able to download a FREE CPD training certificate that can be used to provide evidence of compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence and is recognised internationally.
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.