Online ILS, immediate life support training for dentists, dental nurses & hygienists, all healthcare providers & professionals.
This online ils training course holds a level 3 certification and is also CPD Certified offering 2 Hours of CPD credits. This training programme is an ideal learning platform for dentists, dental nurses & hygienists, or anyone working within the dental environment and would like to gain online ils training certification.
Our course has been developed for the healthcare professional to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults, including choking (basic life support training algorithms).
This course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
What is covered in this level 3 course?
- Causes and prevention of cardio-respiratory arrest
- Aims of basic life support
- Legal obligations, DNACPR forms
- Chain of survival, early recognition, early CPR, early defibrillation
- Post resuscitation care, early recognition of the deteriorating patient, National Early Warning Score (NEWS), SEWS
- ABCDE to the deteriorating patient, ABCDE approach – underlying principles, ABCDE approach in practice, DRSABCD
- Causes and recognition of airway obstruction, treatment of airway obstruction, choking, mild choking, severe choking, treatment of choking
- Adult algorithm, paediatric algorithm, small child – baby algorithm
- Breathing problems, recognition and treatment of breathing problems
- Anaphylaxis, recognition and treatment of Anaphylaxis
- Circulation problems, identification and treatment of circulation problems, acute coronary syndromes
- Disability, AVPU scale, Glasgow Coma Scale, treatment of disability
- Exposure, full examination, heat maintenance, privacy and dignity
- Advanced life support (ALS) algorithm, confirming cardiac arrest, chest compression’s
- Shockable rhythms (VT & VF), automated external defibrillation (AED), AED algorithm, AED safety considerations
- Non-shockable rhythms, Manual defibrillation, considerations during CPR
- Reversible causes, Hypoxia, Hypovolemia, Hypothermia, Hypokalaemia/Hyperkalaemia, Tension Pneumothorax, Tamponade (cardiac), Toxins, Thrombosis (pulmonary)
- Coronary thrombosis
- Airway and ventilation
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest treatment
- When to stop CPR
- CPR variations (adult and paediatric)
- Second survey
- Recovery position
- Resuscitation team roles
At the end of this e-learning ils training course you will be required to complete an online immediate life support training assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%.
On successful completion of this assessment you will be able to download a free online ILS training cpd certified certificate that can be used to provide evidence of compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence and is recognised internationally.
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.