Online cpr, basic life support training for Pharmacists, Pharmacy students or technicians, cpd certified level 2 bls e-learning course, print your online certification on completion.
This online cpr training course, which is suitable for the pharmacy environment holds a level 2 training certification and is also CPD Certified and offers 2 Hours of CPD credits. This course is an ideal learning platform for individual Pharmacists or Pharmacy technicians & students.
This online bls course is also an ideal training solution and learning platform for all healthcare professionals including doctors, nurses, GP’s, dentists, dental nurses & hygienists.
Our course was developed for healthcare professionals to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults, including choking (basic life support training algorithms).
This e-learning course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
What is covered in this level 2 course?
- Introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is so important?
- Chain of survival for BLS
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger, Responsiveness & shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s and rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR & knowing when to stop
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
At the end of this online bls training pharmacists, pharmacy students & technicians, or healthcare professionals course you will be required to complete an online basic life support training course assessment. The assessment has a pass mark of 80% and on successful completion of the assessment you will be able to download a free online BLS training cpd certificate.
This certificate can be used to provide evidence of compliance. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence and is recognised internationally.
All of our e-learning course programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.